Non-master operator actions are very slow

(imported topic written by Shawn_Jefferson)

We’ve been having a problem with Bigfix for the last 7-8 months or so. It’s taken this long to narrow down what the problem was, since initially we thought it may have been something to do with or environment, or the time of deployments. The issue is that an action taken by a non-master operator takes a

long

time to complete (an hour or more sometimes), where the same action take by a master operator completes in the time you’d expect (minutes).

I see that other people are having the same issues:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=9248

There was one other post that I found with the exact same issue, but I can’t find it now. I suspect there are even more people experiencing this, but they haven’t figured out that it only affects non-master operators yet.

Is this a known bug? Anything we can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Shawn

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Do you have a Support ticket (PMR) for this? Any issue like this, where it could be multi-factor and hard to troubleshoot, is one you should make sure Support is tracking.

(imported comment written by Shawn_Jefferson)

No support ticket yet. I was hoping that, since many other people are experiencing this, that it was a known issue with a known fix. I guess not?

(imported comment written by NoahSalzman)

Assuming you are on 8.x, you are describing “bad behavior” that is not expected.

And, even in 7.x, that would still be “bad behavior”, but I do know that 8.x fixed a number of action propagation performance issues.

(imported comment written by Shawn_Jefferson)

I am on 8.x, in fact, I don’t believe this was happening on 7.x at all. I am currently on 8.2.6078.

Hello, I have the same problem with my actions that execute. Some shouldn’t even take more than 1 hour because they are light files, at first I thought it could be an indicator of the area where the client computers are. But I really doubt that the problem is that, if there is any solution it would be good if someone can share it with us

Have a look at Troubleshooting Client Reponsiveness for tips on where to start troubleshooting