Node.js Server-side not work after BigfixWEBUIService restart

As title
Sometimes, server was restart accidentally.
after it , my node.js server-side not run up after BigfixWEBUIService restart.
can i run up node.js server-side manually ?

Have you tried temporally disabling any AV and/or EDR on your WebUI server to see if a 3rd party security solution might be interfering with the BESWebUI services restarting and the associated NodeJS processes.

There are no AV or other EDR in this BES Server.

If you don’t have a support ticket open already, you should open one. There are several log files you can examine for WebUI, but without a log, error message, or some other detail we’re just guessing here.

Sorry , I don’t know what is “support ticket”. Can you explain to me compassionately?

Oh, of course!

This Forum is for community support. It’s a great place for BigFix practitioners to collaborate and help each other, whether it’s customizations, how-to, best practices, etc.

It’s not always the best place to analyze logs. There are no guaranteed responses here, no guarantee the Support team has time carved-out to monitor the Forum, it wouldn’t be a good idea to post sensitive information, and there can be a lot of delay with back-and-forth questions.

For potentially complex server issues, your best recourse is to open an incident with our Product Support team. They can guide you on what logs are helpful, show you where to upload them, or get on live conference sessions to diagnose your problem.

The place to get started is to register at https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm or contact your Technical Advisor…if you don’t have a TA or don’t know who it is, you can reach out to @DanPaquette to find out.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will find another help.

@Boice

I had the same problem after upgrading BigFix with the latest patch. The WebUI service would not start back up right away. I opened a support ticket and they looked at service-wrapper.log in C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI. The support agent said it should only take between 5-15 minutes. Mine took hours. Sure enough, the logs showed that it took hours to complete the step [WebUI] Begin adjusting File Ownership and Security Settings for C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES WebUI and another couple of hours to start up the process.

They had me check if there is another service using the same port. In a command prompt, run netstat -ano | find "5000". Turns out, there was. After changing the other service to use a different port and restarting WebUI, it took less than 10 minutes to start up.

Hope this helps!

1 Like