No uninstall string in reg

Problem; latest VMware Player Free version does not have a uninstall string in the reg.

A shout out to JasonWalker for the original code from post IsolatedPawn’s original idea a very nice piece of code!

I am trying to uninstall VMware Player the free version, but there is no uninstall string in the reg, so I did a slight change to IsolatedPawn/JasonWalker’s code and I was able to achieve what I needed.

thank you all for your code hints.

// uninstall VMware Player
if {exists (it as string) whose(it contains “VMware Player”) of values “DisplayName” of keys of keys “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry}
Wait msiexec.exe /X {name of key whose (value “displayname” of it as string contains “VMware Player” of it) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry} /qn
endif

if {exists (it as string) whose(it contains “VMware Player”) of values “DisplayName” of keys of keys “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry}
Wait msiexec.exe /X {name of key whose (value “displayname” of it as string contains “VMware Player” of it) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry} /qn
endif

1 Like