No Inspector Context in WebUI

Is it a known issue that the WebUI query reports “No inspector context” even when Agent is checked?

What version are you on? I just reproduced this on 10.0.4 and I’m reporting it internally.
You should probably open a Support Incident though so you can get statused on when it’s fixed.

I was able to send ClientQuery correctly through the REST API. I know that doesn’t help much, but at least that gives hope that it’s not a very “deep” issue and should be simpler to address in how WebUI sends the query.

1 Like

My Bigfix installation is 10.0.1.41, but I don’t know how that relates to WebUI. Thanks for verifying Jason. I have opened a support case.

1 Like

I’ve reproduced the same in WebUI 10.0.3 and 10.0.4, and I have a ticket open myself for it.

For now I assume any fix will come in a new WebUI Site Version for the Query app, but if I hear of any other workarounds I’ll post them here.

In the meantime, while it’s limited, the Fixlet Debugger may be useful for remote query using client context. My testing shows that this works, at least, though the Fixlet Debugger can only target one remote computer at a time.

this will depend on the relevance being used and it works for my simple relevance
try version of client and other simple relevance.
using fixlet debugger give the same no inspector context for the relevance you put in the case you opened.

The relevance “version of client” does not require local agent context. The following relevance requires local agent or client context.

distinguished names of (groups of local computer of active directory)

Here is another relevance statement requiring local client context.

pending restart

@mbartosh I’m not sure whether you have a case open on this…I opened one, the team has a fix, and it is scheduled to go out with the next WebUI Query update.
If you need it earlier, please open a ticket and ask for a hotfix. You can reference my case CS0251557.

I have had a case opened since 8-24-21. CS0250994