No Host Scan Data for SUN OS Servers

Hi All,

I am getting the No Host Scan Data Error for the multiple SUN OS servers only in ILMT,

all servers are active and initiate software and run capacity scan fixlets are completed successfully.

When I ask about the Vcenter details of those serves, the server team said they are not created in VMware technology.

How can I get the Hardware information of those SUN OS serves and how to resolve this NO Host Scan Data issue.

I am new to agent creation on SUN OS servers, please clarify one more thing also, Do we need to install the agent on Global Zone is required or not?

Thanks in Advance.

Perhaps you need to install the BigFix client on other elements of the Oracle environment. See the documentation here for more information: IBM Documentation

There is an order of installation that must occur in Solaris virtualization scenarios.

From the documentation:

You might change the order and install the BigFix client on the computers in the local zone first. As a result, these computers have the No Host Scan Data status until you install the BigFix client on the computers in the global zone.

Hi @itsmpro92,

Thanks for the information,

I need one more help for Some SUN OS Servers WSCANSW process consuming more CPU, how can I restrict the process.

even I run the CPU utilization fixlet also WSCANSW process consumes more CPU.

Thanks… Advance…

@anil18, In the BigFix Console, you will need to stop the currently active action Initiate Software Scan that is running against the SUN OS servers. Find Task ID 2: Initiate Software Scan (9.2.27.0). (Note - your version number may be different). On the Description tab, scroll to the bottom and check the option to set the threshold value of the CPU utilization of the software scan.

See step 7 of the documentation here:

Important: Setting the threshold does not guarantee that the CPU consumption is always below the specified value. It fluctuates around that value, sometimes exceeding it and sometimes dropping below it. Temporary peaks are expected.

Hi @itsmpro92,

Even after we reinstalled the agent on order wise also we got the same error like No Host Scan Data.

we uninstall the existing agents and reinstall the agent order-wise as per the document. and we don’t have the duplicate UUID on the environment.

But still, we are facing a No Scan Data issue for the Solaris server, can you provide any resolutions, please.

Thanks… in Advance…

At this point, I recommend that you open a case with the LMT support team at IBM. Let us know what resolution they provide.

1 Like