NMAP scan info not showing up in console

(imported topic written by jreinec1)

The scans run fine from what I can tell. The files end up in the NMAP_ArchiveFolder on the server. I have removed and reinstalled the asset discovery service. The service is running. It used to work before the upgrade to 7.0. Below is the output when I try to manually run UAimporter-namp.exe

D:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\AssetDiscovery>uaimporter-nmap

DBD::ODBC::st execute failed:

Microsoft

ODBC SQL Server Driver

SQL Server

Err

or converting data type timestamp to numeric. (SQL-42000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExe

cute err=-1) at /PerlApp/Database.pm line 66.

DBD::ODBC::st fetch failed: (DBD: no select statement currently executing err=-1

) at /PerlApp/UnmanagedAssetStore.pm line 74.

Microsoft

ODBC SQL Server Driver

SQL Server

Err

or converting data type timestamp to numeric. (SQL-42000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExe

DBD::ODBC::st fetch failed: (DBD: no select statement currently executing err=-1

) at /PerlApp/UnmanagedAssetStore.pm line 87.

Microsoft

ODBC SQL Server Driver

SQL Server

Err

) at /PerlApp/UnmanagedAssetStore.pm line 107.

D:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\AssetDiscovery>

(imported comment written by jeremy_spiegel91)

I was able to reproduce the issue. A fix should be available soon.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hi jreinec,

Thanks for the report. Jeremy took a look at this and found a 32-bit overflow in the way the unmanaged asset importer handled the database sequence numbers. We have a fixed importer we can try, but you will need to contact our support team so they can get you the fixed build and verify it works for you. You can reference this post and Bug#18307 to help the support team get you the info you need faster.

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Hello,

Are there any known issues with running Importer running on an x64 platform (my BES)? The scans complete - but the Unmanged Assests only shows “210 NMAP no” as details for all items. I had opened a case with support (Case # 00012957) - and they had me run the updated importer, retstart services/reboot and such. But still no go. I haven’t had an update on my last reply in I think almost 2 weeks.

If there are no known issues with x64 - is anyone else having the same problem where the scans do not appear to be importing properly?

Thanks,

Mike

(imported comment written by charicool91)

Hello,

You should check the user that runs the service “BES NMAP Unmanaged Asset Importer”. The service can’t run with “Local Service Account” user. The user must have write access to the BES DB. Change the user and restart the service it must work.

Thank you