New to Bigfix - need help with login

after i finished installing i get a Failed to connect to server: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds when i enter my password

any help is appreciated

Connection Time Out means there is an issue with the URL you are providing – can you verify the URL resolves to your BigFix server? Can you connect via a console installed on the BigFix server?

thanks for your reply.

yes i am using the console, after i launch the console below are the options i see - sorry i cannot upload a snapshot because i am a new user

Server
192.168.xxx.xx:52311

Username
EvaluationUser

Password
XXXXXXXXXX

I believe your server doesn’t need the port number. Remove the port number and try again.

52311, by default, is dedicated to the client which the core should have. The client is not what the console connects to so trying to contact the server on that port won’t work.

i removed the port # and left the ip-address but i get the same error

Failed to connect to server: HTTP Error 28: Timeout was reached: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Can you try:

remote desktop into the BigFix Server
Launch the console from the BigFix server
Connect with the console to localhost

Along the same lines as what @strawgate suggests, is there perhaps a firewall (hardware or software) blocking the port in question (52311)?

ok i solved it - looks like i had installed an old version of the software - thanks to everyone for the help!

New to Bigfix - need help with login