Network Adapter Relevance Property

Hi All,

I have used the below relevance to fetch Network Adapter Property

(description of it ) of adapters whose (address of it as string != “0.0.0.0”) of network

So,I’m able to get value for all the adapter such as Physical network adapter ,virtual network adapter and as well as juniper network adapter.But here my question is I’m only looking for Physical network adapter.

Can anyone please help me with the relevance expression which will fetch only physical network adapter value.

Your help will be highly appreciated :).

How does this do?

(friendly name of it, address of it) of adapters whose (address of it as string != "0.0.0.0" AND up of it AND not loopback of it) of network

How about this?

addresses of adapters whose (address of it as string != "0.0.0.0" AND up of it AND not loopback of it AND "en0" = name of it) of network

Thanks jgstew for your help.First code which you have given is working perfectly :smile: and the second code is fetching null value for all the Endpoints.

1 Like

The 2nd one should only work on Linux / OS X. You would have to change the name or find another way to get the primary adapter on Windows.

Thanks for your input jgstew :smile: I’m getting the physical network adapter for all the Endpoints but can you please help me with the code which will fetch the network adapter model for physical adapter.

Getting the specific Model of the physical NIC is more complicated and might depend on which OS you are trying to do it on.

There is a devices inspector, also on windows/unix/linux there is SMBIOS and on Apple there is IOReg.

See all of the analyses mentioned in this post:

(description of it ) of adapters whose (address of it as string != “0.0.0.0”) of network. Using this code I’m able get physical and virtual adapter model.Can we add some filter in this code which will bring only physical adapter model.

This has some extra filtering:

descriptions of adapters whose (address of it as string != "0.0.0.0" AND up of it AND not loopback of it) of network

Getting just the physical adapter is not as easy as it might require getting something that is OS specific to help filter the list, unless you can find a property of adapters that definitely signals that it is the physical adapter.

You can see properties of adapters here: https://support.bigfix.com/inspectors/Networking%20Objects_Any.html

yes jgstew you are right,getting Physical adapter is quite difficult. Because as per my knowledge when we are installing a physical adapter of BASP then a virtual adapter will also get installed and we can use any of them to configure our IP.So,here we have to exclude the virtual machine which hold IP.

We use the 802.1x authentication for wired connection, changing the authentication method from PEAP to EAP TTLS. Is there any relevance expression to get the results if the machine has EAP type: EAP TTLS? the dos command is netsh lan show profiles. It shows all the profiles with respective EAP type information.