Netskope Client Package for Mac OS X 10

I am trying to create a Bigfix package for Mac OS X. I created it via the Manage Software Distribution Dashboard which seemed good up until that point, but I have several command-line parameters that need to be added.

For Windows the command-line looks like this:

msiexec /I “%~dp0NSClient.msi” token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx host=zzzzz.goskope.com mode=peruserconfig /qn

How can I translate that to Mac OS X? I tried this and got exit code -1.

installer -pkg “NSClient.pkg” -target / token=xxxxxxxxxxxxx host=zzzzz.goskope.com mode=peruserconfig

You tried what I would have tried in just using the MSI parameters on the pkg. It was a good hip-shot.

From a quick read of their docs, it looks like it may require an MDM policy maneuver for install on Big Sur and further.

BigFix has MDM capabilities, but is not listed in the Netskope docs.

Check here for more info on BigFix MCM and deploying applications.

Thanks for the reply! It all looks very difficult. The profile creator has me stumped to start with.

Netskope has a video on using JAMF. Maybe that would be easier? Although, JAMF may not work with Bigfix.

You can probably use some of the JAMF or AirWatch steps/guidance and use those in the BigFix MCM.
The first time is always the hardest. @Kapax Do you have any tips for @mbartosh on installs that require Kernel Extensions?

@brolly33 I have checked that for BigSur OS in MAC, JAMF uses system extension rather than Kernel Extension for Netskope.
I have tried Kernel Extension Whitelisting in BigSur but that did not work out.

Is there any way through which we can use System Extension in BigSur OS or that is not supported via BigFix MCM.

Anyone who has done it on BigSur OS using BigFix, then any pointers on how to do it, will be much helpful.

I have created one system extension whitelisting policy for netskope on Big Sur which appears to be working.

2 Likes

I have worked with Netskope team for Netskope silent deployment on Big Sur OS using BigFix MDM. I have created system extension policy and they had given proxy pop allow policy file. With the use of these we are able to deploy netskope agent on Big Sur silently without any pop-up. Soon they will be releasing document in their site that how we can do it using BigFix MDM.

Unfortunately after this much time that Big Sur has been released, BigFix hasn’t integrated system extension feature which is a major pain and lot of efforts needed for application deployment.