Need WMI query to find DELL BIOS settings for SATA Operations, is it set to AHCI OR RAID On

Issue - Getting a Fatal Error 0xEE020006 on machine and machines go in noboot state.

Requirement - **We need to find out the DELL BIOS settings for SATA Operations **
is it set to AHCI or RAID On.

Need to explore ways to create an Analysis to achieve it.

I tried to use the WMI query or reading the files of system information window but failed to do so.

Query 1-

(string values of selects ("* from Win32_SCSIController") whose(name of it = "Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller") of WMI)

No answer in Q&A for query 1.

Query 2 -

if (exists wmi) then (string values of selects "Caption from Win32_DiskDrive" of wmi ) else "NA"

Do not get desired information from Query 2 from Q&A.

1 Like

I would start by looking at the raw data to see what you get:

selects "* from Win32_SCSIController" of WMIs

or:

selects "* from Win32_DiskDrive" of wmis

It sounds like what you really want to get is the settings in the Dell BIOS. You generally want to do that with Dell Command Monitor. You will need to install Dell Command Monitor, then it will let you query Dell BIOS specific settings using WMI.

Thanks for the insight James. Much appreciated.

Please let me know how to use this in relevance query.

selects “* from Win32_SCSIController” of WMIs
or:
selects “* from Win32_DiskDrive” of wmis

Q&A trial:-1:
q: (string values of selects ("* from Win32_SCSIController") whose(name of it = “Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller”) of WMI)
T: 9.743 ms

Got no answer for it. :frowning:

Reading about the Dell Commands Monitor it looks like i need to install it first on a test PC. (Am I correct?)

Try

Q: string values of selects "Name from Win32_SCSIController where Name='Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller'" of wmis

No luck. Blank with no answer

q: string values of selects “Name from Win32_SCSIController where Name=‘Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller’” of wmis
T: 15.842 ms

James, I had now installed Dell Command monitor on test machine and rebooted the machine.

Tried your query suggested on the URL - https://bigfix.me/analysis/details/2994763

Embedded SATA Controller:-
Q&A Result -

q: tuple string item ( (it - 1) of integer (string value of selects “CurrentValue from DCIM_BIOSEnumeration where AttributeName=‘Embedded SATA Controller’” of wmi “root\dcim\sysman”) ) of concatenation ", " of (string values of selects “PossibleValuesDescription from DCIM_BIOSEnumeration where AttributeName=‘Embedded SATA Controller’” of wmi “root\dcim\sysman”) | ERROR "UNKNOWN"
E: User-defined error: UNKNOWN

How about being less specific, start of by getting all the names to see what the existing values are, eg

Q: string values of selects "Name from Win32_SCSIController" of wmis
A: Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller
A: BayHubTech/O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller
A: Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller
T: 14.282 ms
I: plural string

Then get more specific depending on the result from the frist step

Q: string values of selects "Name from Win32_SCSIController where Name='Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller'" of wmis
A: Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller
T: 14.268 ms
I: plural string

Hi SLB,

I am late in reply but i had tried both the queries on my system but get a blank reply. I mean no answer and no error. I had launched fixlet debugger with normal user and in elevated controls.

Query:-
q: string values of selects “Name from Win32_SCSIController” of wmis
T: 331.686 ms

Pls suggest

Relevance can only return data that exists in WMI. You probably want to use something like WMI Explorer or wbemtest.exe to look into WMI on your machine and see what does exists. Those commands ran on my Dell machine in the FixletDebugger as an elevated admin and the results are as you see in my earlier reply so I can’t really comment on why your machine doesn’t return any data.

Thanks for the insight SLB.
Working on same now.