Need to remove Skype for Business & Lync

I would recommend figuring out the installation of Microsoft Teams before completing the uninstallation of Skype/Lync, especially if Skype/Lync are still functional.

The fixlet that @jhickok linked could be adapted if you are uninstalling a different version of the app.

Also if i want to check below task then how i can check through Bigfix console or through Web reports-

1. On Which Machine Lync and Skype for Business are installed?
  2. What is the version of Lync and Skype for Business is installed?

Thanks & Regards
Wakkas Ahmad

Web Reports only has access to info that can also be seen in the BigFix Console. You need to make sure you can see the data in the console first, then you can run reports against that data in Web Reports.

Generally it is best to view the computer summary screen in the Console for a particular computer that is one of the ones you want the info for, ideally one that has Skype or Lync in this case, then look through all of the results there. If you don’t find what you are looking for on a single computer, than that may mean that you need to check a different computer, or that you don’t have an analysis activated that brings back the data you are looking for and need to address that. If you DO find what you are looking for, then the heading of that section will tell you what analysis to seek out to see this same info for ALL computers rather than just a single computer.

There is a built in analysis for this. Are you only concerned with Windows OS? or Mac or Linux as well?

Make sure the analysis Application Information (Windows) is activated in the BES Inventory and License site, otherwise there are other analyses on BigFix.Me that can get this same info.

The default analysis view in the console will be unimpressive and look unhelpful:

01 AM

But the summary view will show you the data in general:

05 AM

But you can view the data per computer for all computers more easily with Web Reports once you verify that it is there and know where to look in Web Reports.

1 Like

Hi Team,

I just uploading the screenshot of my product which i am trying to remove.

If you know how to do that then please help me here. Its pending from long time.

Not for nothing, @wakkas, but you’ve already asked this question before: Need to remove Skype for Business & Lync

Several steps were provided to you in that thread; if that’s not enough, you seriously need to consider attending BigFix training sessions on the product itself, as well as relevance and ActionScript writing…

Hi Sir,

Unfortunately no solution worked for me till now. I shocked that we have thousand of expert here in this forum but no one willing to complete this task which will not even take more that 10 minutes.

What is the use of knowledge if we cant share it with any new IT person.

We all have jobs to perform; your job has to include gaining the competency you need to adequately perform yours, instead of relying on others to do your job for you…

The tools have been provided for you in the other thread. Now it’s up to you to adapt those tools and use them as needed in your place of work.

If you feel you need professional assistance, IBM does offer this in the form of the Accelerated Value Program, but this costs money of course.

3 Likes

Greetings team,
I have tries this command to removal “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe” /uninstall LYNCENTRY /dll OSETUP.DLL .

When I run it a window pops up asking “are you sure you want to remove Skype for Business Basic 2016 from your computer?”. Is there a switch that will bypass this step and just uninstall it with no user input?

There should be, yes. It is different for every app, but generally similar for apps installed / uninstalled using MSI’s. In either case, you should consult Microsoft’s documentation for silent install / uninstall of their applications on the command line.

You have been given many options to do this, and the one you are trying isn’t one of them. It probably would work if you have the right switches, but did you try uninstalling using MSIExec like mentioned above?

It is very useful for you to tell us what you tried and what didn’t work.

Also, what you are asking for has nothing to do with BigFix and everything to do with silently installing & uninstalling software. Only after you get this working on the command line is BigFix really come into play.

This should take very little time, but this forum is not here to do it for you, it is to teach you how to do it yourself and provide assistance along the way.

2 Likes

I collapsed the duplicate threads into 1.

3 Likes

you clearly should have a key in the registry that should be labeled something like " Microsoft Lync Basic 2013"

once you find the “DisplayName” or a key entry that identifies the application as unique int eh registry for your action script you should enter something like this: which it was mention before. but here it goes anyways. this is very straight forward. uninstalling an application that is stand alone.

waithidden "{pathname of system folder}\MSIExec.exe" /x {name of key whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase starts with "microsoft lync") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x64 registry} /qn

as per the relevance to target only those systems

name of key whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase starts with "microsoft lync") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x64 registry

I do recommend you to look into this:
IBM BigFix Content Development
Code: IS730G
https://www-03.ibm.com/services/learning/ites.wss/zz-en?pageType=course_description&cc=&courseCode=IS730G

It sure helped me a lot. I dont fell as lost anymore. tho I have seen some neat stuff done in the forum.

3 Likes

It is possible that the app is 32bit and the uninstall key is found in the x32 registry instead, but you can try this first and go from there.

Here is a link that might help: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/07a8759c-e17c-4df6-a462-3722a951ab38/silent-uninstall-lync-2013-client?forum=officeitpro too.

1 Like