Need to know Installed Chrome application is 32bit or 64bit

Relevance Tried:
if (exists values “DisplayName” of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase contains “chrome”) of key " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall " of registry as string) then “32bit” else (if (exists values “DisplayName” of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase contains “chrome”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry as string) then “64bit” else “not found”)

Using above relevance trying to know installed chrome application is 32bit or 64bit, but most of the results are showing “not found” either.

Required relevance is for both 32bit and 64bit OS

Try of native registry rather than of registry in both places.

1 Like

@JasonWalker thanks for your quick reply, i did tried with the “native registry” and values are being differed in results.

Device has 64bit chrome installed and 64bit OS

FIxlet debugger output :
q: if (exists values “DisplayName” of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase contains “chrome”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry) then “64bit” else (if (exists values “DisplayName” of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase contains “chrome”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry) then “32bit” else “not found”)
I: Current Selection Evaluation
A: 32bit
T: 7.388 ms

Considering the results of your relevance query is saying that there was a Chrome entry found in the 32-bit branch of the registry (and none found in the 64-bit branch), I would have to ask whether you are certain that 64-bit Chrome is installed on that device?

Also, I think your query would only work correctly on a 64-bit Windows system.

If you run that query against a 32-bit Windows system with Chrome (obviously 32-bit) installed, I believe the result of your query is going to return “64-bit”, which would be incorrect. That would be because on 32-bit Windows “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” is the 32-bit branch and would be where the Chrome installer would place the Chrome uninstall entry so your first conditional will evaluate to true.

If you want this to run correctly on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, you probably want to try this:

q: if (exists values "DisplayName" of keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase contains "chrome") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x32 registry) then "32bit" else (if (exists values "DisplayName" of keys whose (value "DisplayName" of it as string as lowercase contains "chrome") of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of native registry) then "64bit" else "not found")

1 Like