Need to find the pathname of a file through relevance

Hi All, I am trying to find the pathname of file “bootmgr.exe” through relevance but can get it to work, please assist me to get the right and expected path of the file. I am using the below relevance and it does not seems to be working:-1:

pathname of file whose (name of it as lowercase contains “bootmgr.exe”) of folder “C:\Windows”

Hi, I tried this on linux and seems to work fine:

Try adding a slash after the Windows.

Perhaps you could describe what it is you are trying to achieve?

The bootmgr on newer versions of Windows is typically in a separate/reserved partition.

I am trying to find the latest time stamp of Bootmgr.exe file in some windows servers.

Which versions of Windows Server? :slight_smile:

The OS version to be Win 2012 6.2.9200

Are you able to manually find the file in question via Explorer or command prompt?

I’m not entirely sure if this is what you’re looking for, but here’s one potential relevance expression:

modification time of file "bootmgr" of root folder of drive of system folder

This wouldn’t work on newer versions of Windows as the bootmgr approach has changed.

Again, it would help to have a better understanding of what exactly you are trying to achieve (for instance, what is the purpose of identifying the timestamp of the given file?).

2 Likes

Thank you Aram, It was a requirement from some windows team fellows to have this data fetched out for some windows servers. It did exactly what we wanted to check as below:-1:
Q: modification time of file “bootmgr” of root folder of drive of system folder
A: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 21:44:07 -0500
T: 14.677 ms

I don’t know how this information will be used by windows team. Thanks a lot as it showed information what was required.

1 Like