Need some help with a custom report for server groups

(imported topic written by jmalto791)

Hi guys,

My company runs many AIX and Windows boxes and we manage practically all of them via BigFix. I am running into a problem creating a custom report for two specific fixlets to see what applicable computers need to be patched, but I want to filter the results via what group they are in (Like we have multiple environments so some are named (OPS-BSE-Prod, OPS-WLV-Prod, etc.) I am trying to search these two groups to see what boxes need the MS08-001 and MS08-002 patches, but it would be nice to use this functionality for any fixlet or any group.

Can someone please help steer me in the right direction with this? I have spent hours in the web console and keep coming up short.

Thanks in advance,

-Jonathan

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Hi Jonathan,

Try an ‘Issue Assessment’ report on the create reports page in Web Reports. You can select a set of Fixlets to report on and group the results by computer group as well as individual retrieved properties.

If you only want to see 2 particular groups, then after you’ve generated the report with all computers, you can create a filter that specifically includes your 2 groups and removes everything else. You can create the filter from the navigation bar on the left of the report.

Jesse

(imported comment written by jmalto791)

Thank you jesse, this worked out great. Take care!

-Jonathan

(imported comment written by smithm191)

I am trying to do something along the same lines. I need to produce a report that has summary information outstanding critical patches by computer group that I can export for regular reporting purposes. This would save a lot of tedious manual work. I don’t really need the detail on each patch, just the totals. Have looked through web reports and the console, and can’t get going in the right direction. Appreciate any help.

Matt