Need relevance to fetch action ID via name of action

HI All, Could you please assist me to get the ID of action via name of it through relevance. Thanks!!

Try

(ids of it, names of it) of bes actions whose (name of it contains "Your String Here")
1 Like

Can you let me know th relevance to fetch the same data in debugger?

You can’t use the FixletDebugger for this as this is session relevance, which cannot be utilised by the FixletDebugger. You need to use the Presentation Debugger in the console or the standalone session relevance tester

1 Like

Perhaps you can describe further what it is you are trying to achieve? Do you need this at the Client-side?

We need to run this on cli to get the axction ID number to be used further for validation of action ID’s scheduled in console for future patching activities.

iem get query --relevance="(id of it, names of it) of bes actions whose (name of it contains %22ABCDE_2020M03_0_2020-03-04_BOOT_13_00_00%22)"
and its not giving the output on cli

Basically we have deployed a automation that one parent ID will be broken to 2 child ID’s for patching, the one will do patching and the other will perform the re sizing activity on the VM. We need to ensure through a get api to get all the computer ID;s through action naming convention and them compare them with child actions to see if they got generated or not.

I may be wrong but it looks like you have described an implementation and not what you are trying to achieve ?
I could not figure out the use case from the description, Hopefully others will and could help you.

I am trying to achieve a action id on debugger by using action name through a relevance.

The fixlet debugger will not retrieve action names. Those are not available in client relevance, only in session relevance (such as the session relevance query you are sending through iem.exe).

Is the query from iem.exe giving you results? That was not clear to me.

OK, I use the session relevance on relevance tester and it is giving the output and I am using the same relevance in a rest call on cli which does not fetch the information, the putout shows like below:-1:

E:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\IEM CLI>iem get query --relevance="(ids of it, names of it) of bes actions who
se (name of it equals “VMRSZ_Complete_Action_Name”)"
Warning: Current console font may not display locale characters correctly.
Usage: iem <GET|DELETE> [-q] [–outFile FILE] [–param value]*
OR iem <POST|PUT> [inputFile] [-q] [–outFile FILE] [–param value]*
OR iem login [-q] [–server=SERVER] [–user=USER] [–password=PASS]
[–masthead=PATH_TO_TRUSTED_MASTHEAD]
OR iem login --WindowsAuthentication [-q] [–server=SERVER]
[–masthead=PATH_TO_TRUSTED_MASTHEAD]
-q : Quiet mode. Input prompts disabled.

If the syntax of your command is correct, which does not seem the case, you should get some xml result. In your case I think you are missing the escape characters in the name. Try something like this:

iem get query --relevance="(ids of it, names of it) of bes actions whose (name of it equals \"VMRSZ_Complete_Action_Name\")"

It works on my environment.

1 Like

Thanks a LOT!! It did work for me.