Need a Help in adding the registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

(imported topic written by Muralidharan91)

Hi,

pls find my below action i want to insert the three registry keys as shown below. im using the below mentioned action but it is working only if the user logged in as local Administrator but all my users are in “local users” group .

how to run this script for the “local users” group pls help…

action uses wow64 redirection false

delete __appendfile

delete wizardedit.reg

appendfile Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

appendfile

appendfile

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

appendfile “SocketSendBufferLength”=dword:0010000

appendfile “MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server”=dword:a

appendfile “MaxConnectionsPerServer”=dword:a

move __appendfile wizardedit.reg

download \10.232.15.240\vm\RunAsCurrentUser.exe

continue if {(size of it = 131072 AND sha1 of it = “9fd47b14aee681a6bad6579d30d6fb3fa4cc3ae3”) of file “RunAsCurrentUser.exe” of folder “__Download”}

waithidden “__Download\RunAsCurrentUser.exe” --w regedit /s “wizardedit.reg”

Thank You

murali

1 Like

(imported comment written by BenKus)

I am not sure where this line came from:

download \10.232.15.240\vm\RunAsCurrentUser.exe

It should be:

download http://support.bigfix.com/download/bes/util/RunAsCurrentUser.exe

Ben

(imported comment written by Muralidharan91)

Actually the RunAsCurrentUser.exe was downloaded and share in the particular folder(Vm) in our server. The above script is perfectly working for the user who are having local admin access. I want to add those registry for the user who are having user access. Pls help. I tried executing a batch file using windows software distribution wizard but in vain.

download http://10.232.15.240:52311/Uploads/37aa96013b8bb78253b668b52545d715df245180/Eam.tmp

continue if {(size of it = 223 AND sha1 of it = “37aa96013b8bb78253b668b52545d715df245180”) of file “Eam.tmp” of folder “__Download”}

extract Eam.tmp

wait “{pathname of system folder & “\cmd.exe”}” /Q /C “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Test.bat”}”

The test . bat is

cd\

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v SocketSendBufferLength /t REG_DWORD /d 65536 /f

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server /t REG_DWORD /d 10 /f

REG ADD “HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings” /v MaxConnectionsPerServer /t REG_DWORD /d 10 /f

Murali

(imported comment written by labuski91)

check

here

at the bottom

(imported comment written by Muralidharan91)

Hi,

Thanks for the support. My problem is solved