Multiple target in single action

there is use case that i need to create a fixlet to execute one task on the target machine and open one service now incident for success and failure on the basis on target action but to open incident i need to use a jumphost machine which is different from target machine due to service now URL block on target machines.

Is there any way i can use 2 different targets in single action ?

Target machine can’t do PS remoting / SSH to windows / linux base jump host and Service now URL is blocked

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

No, I think that will need two separate actions. No single client knows about the action results of another, so even if you changed the source Fixlets to only be relevant on one computer or the other, the computer writing the ticket would not know the success of the computer running the task (and in fact the ticketing action could execute before the task action).

I think you need to rearchitect the workflow so an API from the server is dealing with your ticketing, rather than having individual clients do that part

Hi @JasonWalker This is what exactly i am looking for , any thoughts as bigfix single / multiple action can’t handle 2 targets at one time

i created a main fixlet which execute the child fixlet with parameter fixlet id but unable to capture the status of the child fixlet to track the success/ failure so that master fixlet should provide failed / fixed status on the basis of that

i have tried with to capture status with Rest API Call but that does not help

main fixlet --> execute snow call - done

child fixlet --> execute the remediation task - done

main fixlet --> as per child's success / failure should update the status of main fixlet --> **not working**

A Fixlet will never know the result status of another Fixlet executing on some other client.

This may be a good use-case for Server Automation, else you’d need to write your own orchestration using the REST API.

Yes , i am using Rest API call to capture the status of child action , but second part of the main fixlet execute fully without waiting to capture the status of main…

when i execute both of them separately it works but combined it does not work

That’s what I’m trying to communicate (poorly). The second machine will have no idea about the return code of the first machine’s action.

Your API needs to send an action to the first machine, wait for the action to complete, get the action’s return code, and then issue a new action to the second machine if the first machine was successful.

This is one of the things that Server Automation can do for you, but if you don’t have Server Automation you’d need your own API utility to do it.

Got it
Thanks for your help