MSI installer does not install when ran from Bigfix Console

Hi All

I am facing problem where .MSI does not get installs when ran through Bigfix Console (ver 9.5.13). But however it gets installed when i run manually on the agent from same location where all the files are being downloaded.

Here is the line from action script.

waithidden “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi”}” /qn
continue if {exit code of action = 0}

To check if above Certification is installed successfully, i just have to visit Add/Remove programs

And BES Client log shows that above line is successfull. I don’t understand why?

At 05:10:38 -0600 - actionsite (http://iem-xyzxyz.com:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/actionsite)
Command succeeded (Exit Code=0) waithidden “C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe” /i “C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\CustomSite_WinCustomContent__Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi” /qn (action:127)
Command succeeded (evaluated true) continue if {exit code of action = 0} (action:127)

Per the Client log, I think you’re missing a \ in your execution path. Can you try:

waithidden "{pathname of system folder & "\msiexec.exe"}" /i "{(pathname of client folder of current site) & "\__Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi"}" /qn

(note the addition of \ in front of __Download)

it was a copy paste error above, i have added \ infront of __Download. But still issue persists.

waithidden “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi”}” /qn

Looks like this page (forum.bigifx.com) has problem in accepting \ , it is ignoring \ when i put " and \ both together

I think we can simplify this greatly as the double-quotes might be getting in the way. Let’s try the following please:

waithidden msiexec.exe /qn /i __Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi

(and note that you can use the ‘blockquote’ and ‘preformatted text’ options of the Forum to better share code)

i tried using this command

waithidden msiexec.exe /qn /i __Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi

still no luck.

Just found out that it is installing, but it is showing only in Certmgr.exe, but not in A/R programs.

Since it is installing, i uninstalled and re-installed using syntaxes ALLUSERS=1 or ALLUSERS=""

But still no help

waithidden “{pathname of system folder & “\msiexec.exe”}” /i “{(pathname of client folder of current site) & “__Download\Qualys_WinCert.msi”}” /qn ALLUSERS=1