MS18-APR: Security Only Quality Update - Security Only - Windows 7 SP1 - KB4093108 (x64)

should fixlet id 409310803 be superseeded, pls confirm ?

@BaiYunfei

Hey nicksberger, we generally only supersede a security only update with another security only update. In this case, we don’t perform the supersedence because the Monthly Rollup includes both security and non-security patches.

I think this is more related to your question/concern in another thread where you were getting a false positive after a later Monthly Rollup was applied. Please totally correct me if I’m mistaken here. That particular issue was due to a bad relevance clause in the fixlet. We have fixed this and the updated fixlet has been released in Patches for Windows, version 2987.

Hi @bma,

We are currently seeing the same thing just recently in our environment… hundreds of servers that were only missing MS18-MAY: Security Monthly Quality Rollup - Monthly Rollup - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 - KB4103718 (x64) have had it installed, only for the MS18-APR: Security Only Quality Update - Security Only - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 - KB4093108 (x64) update to just now become relevant.This is only happening on Windows Server 2008 R2 machines.

Our current Patches for Windows site version is 2990. Please advise.

Thanks.

Sorry for the headache it_cat, the issue should be resolved here: IBM BigFix Patch: Content Release: Patches for Windows published 2018-05-18