MS Sharepoint Integration

(imported topic written by cstoneba)

Has anyone ever been able to get graphs created from the Web Reports overview page to be shown in MS Sharepoint?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Oh if you can get this to work my manager will fire me and hire you.

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

ha. No luck so far though?

(imported comment written by MattBoyd)

Not sure about graphs, but I’ve considered creating a simple web part that could be used to return results from a SOAP API query… I don’t think it would be too difficult, especially with the fancy new SharePoint 2010 development tools that come with Visual Studio 2010.

echo

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Would the Excel Connector help here? (http://support.bigfix.com/labs/excelconnect.html)

Ben

thanks for the response, ben. But I’m trying to make a dynamic page (probably html based) that I could put on a sharepoint site. I think the SOAP API is the way to go, and I am able to get it to bring back custom session relevance, however I want to be able to pull graphs out of webreports through the soap api, so I don’t think the excel Connector will help, but thanks.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

OK… The soap api only lets you pull data and not graphs… So you will need to make your own graphs…

Ben

(imported comment written by rseiersen91)

Use fquery/jqplot make soap calls to bigfix, and dynamically create graphs. Or, you can do what I do, which is not as dynamic (depends on who stateful you need your data). We mart bigfix data and combine it with data from our assets systems and other secrutity systems and present in SP via ssrs (starting to play more with dundas). I think jqplot of just make your own jquery related graphing is the ultimate way to go if you looking for something fresh in SP.