Move (not copy) existing analyses to another site

It’s been a while, so time time for another dumb question :wink:

We have an analyses that is currently activated within a custom site. Is it possible to “move” the analyses to another custom site (or the master action site). I use the word move, because I assume if it is copied then existing gathered data is lost in the process and for a number of reasons we require this data to be maintained as an external data pump uses the information.

If I copy the analyses and lose the data, the pumped data will be lost and there will be…discrepancies.

Everything else would be the same - property names, frequencies etc.

(Currently trying to separate out some custom sites due to bad architectural decisions a few years back)

Worst case, I know I can create a duplicate analyses and run it for a few months and then switch but this just feels wrong and would have a performance impact.

Ta!

Can you elaborate on the methods used to extract the data today, and how things might be lost? Are you referring to endpoints that may be offline and so would not respond to the new analysis?

Under the covers, the new analysis (and it’s associated properties) will have entirely new IDs (new site id, and new analysis id) regardless of the names used.

Sure - the data is extracted daily via WebReports and then processed by the data pump. So although there would be analyses new IDs, the field headers would be unchanged.

And yes, when I say data “lost” effectively that would be because if it is a new/copied analyses then all of the fields will initially be “not reported”. Hope that helps clarify!