Monitor Make/Model/Serial#/Date Analysis

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Hi All,

We’re using the relevance from http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=6001 to gather monitor information from our Windows endpoints:

unique values of (((concatenation of substrings separated by “%0a” of hexadecimal string (first 24 of following texts of first “000000fc00” of it ) ) | “n/a”, (concatenation of substrings separated by “%0a” of (hexadecimal string (first 24 of following texts of first “000000ff00” of it ))) | “n/a”, ((hexadecimal integer (first 2 of following text of position 32 of it )/4) as string & “/” & (1990+(hexadecimal integer (first 2 of following text of position 34 of it ))) as string) | “n/a”) of (values “EDID” of keys ((“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum” & it & “\Device Parameters”) of (string values of selects “PNPDeviceID from Win32_DesktopMonitor” of wmi) ) of registry as string) as string)

It works well for one or two monitors, but has issues with three or more (we have developers with up to six on their systems). I’ve found this thread http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=8040 which has relevance that produces the serial #s correctly for all attached monitors, but not the make and model:

if (exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY” of registry) then (((if ((last 8 of first 152 of (value “EDID” of key “Device Parameters” of it as string) = “000000ff”)) then (hexadecimal string (last 24 of first 178 of (value “EDID” of key “Device Parameters” of it as string))) else “n/a”)) of keys whose ((exists key “Control” of it) and (exists key “Device Parameters” of it) and (exists value “EDID” of key “Device Parameters” of it)) of keys whose (name of it does not contain “Default_Monitor”) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY” of registry) else (“n/a”)

For whatever reason, I’m having trouble wrapping my head around how to get the former relevance to display all of the attached monitors along with their make and model the way the latter can do it for the serial # information.

Does anyone have any insights or advice? Thanks in advance!