Monitor and Report about new software

Hey!

I’m want to to create an analyze to monitor if user installed a new software.
And if user installed software - I’m want to know about it (mail or something).

This is possible?
how I can do it?

In an analysis… I have 1 day, 7 days, 30 days.

for 1 day
if windows of operating system then (unique values of (it as string as trimmed string) of values “DisplayName” of keys whose( exists (current date - it) whose(it < 2 * day) of (dates it) of (last 2 of it & " " & (month (last 2 of first 6 of it as integer) as three letters) & " " & first 4 of it) of (it as string as trimmed string) whose(length of it = 8) of values “InstallDate” of it ) of keys “HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall” of ( x32 registries;x64 registries)) else if mac of operating system then (strings “displayName” of it, strings “displayVersion” of it, date “date” of it, string “processName” of it ) whose((it > now - 1 * day) of item 2 of it) of dictionaries of values of array of file “/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist” as string else “N/A”

Just editing the < 2 * days or the now - 1 *day will allow you more…

Then you can create a web report that automatically sends you that info every day…

Another way in windows if you dont mind doing the digging, is in registry…
if windows of operating system then (values “DisplayName” of it, values “InstallDate” of it) of keys of keys “HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall” of ( x32 registries;x64 registries) as string else if mac of operating system then (strings “displayName” of it, strings “displayVersion” of it, date “date” of it, string “processName” of it ) of dictionaries of values of array of file “/Library/Receipts/InstallHistory.plist” as string else “N/A”

That will show you the application and the install date

3 Likes

Thanks you so much!
You are my hero! you save me a lot of time.

One more question:
The analysis that you gave me, recognize software updates, this cause to many false posivite .
Do you know how I can solve this problem?

thanks again, you helped so much.