Missing targets in Application Management Groups

I have an automatic computer group in a custom site that I’d like to select as a target for my Application Management Group. However, it doesn’t appear on the list of targets. I see other manual and automatic groups, but there’s quite a few missing on the list. Do I need to do something to my group first for it to appear?

Please let me know if there’s any information that would be helpful to provide.

Not sure if you are aware, but groups in custom sites get listed (sorted) by site name/group name, with groups in the master action site appearing at the top of the list and custom sites below

Thank you, but I’ve scrolled through the list several times now, and there are definitely groups missing. I have 18 groups in one custom site, and none of them appear in the AMG target list. There are others, but I know that site specifically is not appearing.

Edit: I just counted, and there are 103 optional groups to target in the AMG list, and we have 652 computer groups.

Are you doing this work as a master operator or a restricted operator/role? You might be dealing with permissions, if the latter. Make sure the sites containing the missing groups are assigned to the role / operator your logged in with.

It’s strange, but I’d advise turning on “Show Not Relevant Content” and checking once more. If you are able to see them, then your groups may no longer be applicable due to changes in the infrastructure that are related to the custom criteria you used, or there may be other problems with the infrastructure; alternatively, it’s possible that someone deleted your groups.

It’s better to raise the HCL case for further investigation.

Thanks everyone for your help. I spoke with HCL, who let me know this is an unsupported use case.

Per Adding targets to an Application Management Group :

You can only select manual computer groups or automatic computer groups from the user’s action site or the custom site that is created by the Application Management Groups dashboard.

Automatic computer groups can not be added from custom sites, other than the default swd app group or equivalent. I asked to submit this as a feature request.

1 Like