Missing relevance in Fixlet 365131: Office 2016 Version 16.0.11328.20438 Available - Semi-annual Channel - Office 201

The description of this patch explains that it is for Office 2016 installed with “Click To Run” However it is evaluating as relevant for all copies of 2016 in my environment, including those installed with MS installer.

Adding the following relevancy statement should prevent it from evaluating true on MS installer copies of 2016:

exists unique values of (it as string) of values "ClientFolder" of keys HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration" of native registry

2 Likes

I would advise opening a PMR for this so the team can investigate more and see which part of the relevance is evaluating to True when it should be False.

My guess is possibly that there was a group policy in effect at one point or another that had set the Click to Run configuration on these systems, which could potentially be throwing the relevance off. Again, just a guess.

I’ve examined the relevance and the action script. The action script calls the value of the “ClientFolder” key, which does not exist on the machines I tested. This then in turn causes the action to fail as the null set return gets viewed as an invalid character when i run it through relevance tester.

There could have been something group policy wise But the relevance should be checking to make sure any needed variables can be pulled when the time comes, as my suggestion will provide.