Migration ILMT v9.2 to a new BigFix Inventory Server

Hi ,

I was wondering whether it is possible to migrate ILMT version 9.2 to a new BigFix Inventory server?
I saw the link below and it only support in place migration only.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Supported%20upgrade%20and%20migration%20paths

I’m not sure there is a latest release than can support this migration.

Current Architecture
One Bigfix Server with a failover BigFix server
One database server with a failover database server
ILMT is installed in Server B

The Plan is to migrate the content in Server B to BigFix Inventory in Server C.

Please advice if this is workable.

Thanks;
Khairi

It would appear from the available documentation that a migration to BFI which retains the ILMT data is possible only when the BFI server component is installed on the server where the LMT server component is running, which would be Server B in your scenario. See here: Migrating from License Metric Tool 9.2.15 to BigFix Inventory 9.2.15

Installing BFI on Server C is a co-existence scenario. With this approach, you would transfer the endpoints from the LMT site to the BFI site in BigFix. Historical data would remain on the LMT server, which you would need to retain for reporting purposes for at least a year, or until your next IBM software renewal date.

Although the documentation is written from the perspective of adding LMT to a BFI implementation, the concept applies to your requirements if you swap the two servers. See here: Adding License Metric Tool to your BigFix Inventory deployment. The main topics should be understood as follows:

1. Enabling the License Metric Tool Fixlet site --> Enabling the BigFix Inventory Site instead
  2. Dividing endpoints between computer groups --> This is not needed since you are migrating to BFI permanently
  3. Subscribing and refreshing endpoints --> Subscribe all your endpoints to the BFI site and refresh them
  4. Stopping all active actions --> Stop all active actions sourced from LMT
  5. Installing License Metric Tool --> Installing BigFix Inventory instead on Server C
  6. Setting up scans --> Using the Fixlets from the BFI site
  7. Problems with many re-subscriptions --> This shouldn’t be an issue since you are migrating to BFI permanently.

Many thanks for your feedback!