Metric Calculation

Hi
Can someone please advise/guide me how to calculate the license consumption for the below metrics from BFI V10. Can we get this from software installation report?
If yes which columns need to be considered?
is there any manual calculations need to be done for any of the below metrics? If yes please advise how to do it?

1. Per Socket
  2. Server
  3. Install
  4. Managed Virtual Server
  5. VPC (Virtual Processor Core)

Do let me know if you need any further details.

Many Thanks
Srinivas

That is no small request. Did you install BFI yourself or engage a third-party? Have you reviewed the BFI Documentation, particularly Managing software inventory and metric utilization?

Have you properly classified the discovered software products using the Software Classification report? For this task, you need to confirm that any Component discovered on a given Computer is actually installed there, and is, in fact, authorized by your business to be present.

The All Metrics report includes the Metric column by default and provides:

… information about the utilization of license metrics for products that are installed on the computers in your infrastructure. For every product, you can see the maximum metric utilization and its history over the specified period. You can also specify a metric threshold to verify whether metric utilization is above or below your expectations. You can create a snapshot of the report, and store it for audit purposes. For more information, see: License metric utilization.

Thanks for your reply!

One of our team has installed the BFI and they made necessary configurations.
As advised In all metrics I can see like the image below.

Metric quantity says the max value of the license metric used during specified period, can we consider this as the current deployment count?
If not how to get the actual usage please advise.

Many thanks!

Metric quantities display peak usage which is not necessarily current usage. Note the peaks in the Metric Quantity History…

If you configure the report to show data for just today

Then you have current usage:

Thanks for your reply!!

Similarly for the below metrics, if we configure the date for just today, can we consider those number as current actual usage for the respective metrics as per metric quantity column?

Per Socket
Server
Install
Managed Virtual Server
VPC (Virtual Processor Core)

I presume so, yes, however you should validate the information with a self-audit.

1 Like