MDT Bundle Creator Installation Failed

Hi,

I’m trying to install MDT Bundle Creator from BigFix console on a Windows 2012 server but the action failed while installing WADK 10 Version 1809 with exit code 15605 which says there is a problem downloading the product. Below are the screenshot of the BigFix console and client log file.

I have direct internet connection on the machine where MDT Bundle creator is installing but the task is failing every time. When I run the adksetup.exe installer manually then it gave me below error.

Please, somebody, help me to I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Hi,
it would seem an issue while downloading the ADK components. If it does not depend on your internet connection, it could be that the site being contacted is temporarily unavailable.
I just tried now to install the components required from this installer (Deployment Tools and User State Migration Tool) and it worked.
Thanks.

We have manually ran the installer to install ADK as it failed frequently from BigFix console. The manual installation worked like a charm after providing full internet access to the computer.

Thanks

It might be an issue with the user context in which the task is running under the BigFix Agent - if you have restrictions on what type of users can access the internet e.g. block administrative users etc. However I would have expected the standalone installer to be able to reach it if you ran it under the logged on user which presumably has access to the internet.

I have logged on with Administrator user and earlier we had restrictions for internet access, just allowed software.bigfix.com, download.microsoft.com, and www.7-zip.org sites only. When we ran the task from BigFix console, the installation failed as mentioned above and so as we ran manually.

After checking the logs, we came to know it searches for go.microsoft.com to download the files and later redirects to download.microsoft.com. Then allowed access for go.microsoft.com and tried from BigFix console and it failed again. But when we tried to install manually it worked.

The download speed is very slow and it took almost 16 hours to download the setup files which is 3 GB in size. I guess it is something with the download speed because of why the action keeps on failing.

@GwyndafDavies, please post your observation on it.