McAfee 8.5i

(imported topic written by amitspradhan)

Hi,

Is bigfix going to introduce any changes to its Client Manager for Antivirus Site to check for McAfee 8.5i.

Our organisation is planning for a upgrade from 8.0 i to 8.5i. If you check the registry, the 8.5 i has different registry entries than the earlier 7 or 8.0i. Once you upgrade to 8.0i, it removes the TVD entry whereas BigFix tries to check for these entries and thereby such upgraded systems report with an error.

I am working to create a custom property, but just wanted to know if Big Fix is going to introduce it into its existing analyses/properties??

Regards,

Amit

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Amit,

We have plans to begin support for McAfee 8.5i in our Client Manager for AV Fixlet site as it is part of our general strategy to support Symantec, McAfee, CA eTrust, Sophos, and Trend Micro… but, unfortunately, I don’t have an exact timeframe for you.

We will update you when this becomes ready…

Ben

(imported comment written by amitspradhan)

Hey Ben,

Good to hear that, I am attaching a Custom BES file which I have created since we have already started moving to 8.5. This might help you in speeding up things…

Regards,

Amit

(imported comment written by tim_tsai)

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the .BES exports. We added support for McAfee 8.5i to the “Client Manager for Anti-Virus” site late last week. You should now be able to update definitions, retrieve client information, and monitor the AV client’s running status for McAfee 8.5i. Please let us know if you find any inconsistencies in how the updated content behaves in your environment.

Best,

-Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks a lot. It works great, maybe I was too eager to get the fixlet, so tried working it out myself…

Regards,

Amit

Hi,

Just noticed one issue with the Client Manager for Antivirus fixlet - DEPLOYMENT: Anti-Virus Software Not Installed - Windows NT/2000/XP/2003.

It also reports systems with 8.5i…any suggestions?

Regards,

Amit

(imported comment written by tim_tsai)

Hey Amit,

Thanks for pointing that out, we’ve updated the deployment Fixlet message and it should no longer report relevant for McAfee 8.5i. Please let us know if you notice any other inconsistencies.

-Tim