Manual Computer Groups not Showing up in Custom Sites

I created a custom site and provided permissions but when I log in with either user one with Owner rights and one with Writer permissions I do not see the the group. If I log in to the console with the user with writer permissions I can not see any computers, even though I set the Computer Subscriptions to add certain computers but can see them with the owner permissions. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Manual groups should be avoided when possible.

When I have used them in the past, if a “Normal” Console Operator creates a Manual Group then no other Console Operator can see the group. On the other hand, if a Master Operator creates the group, it can be viewed by other Operators.

1 Like

It should also be noted that manual computer groups are not objects that are part of a custom site, and so their visibility is not based on custom site permissions.

Automatic computer groups on the other hand are objects hosted in sites (such as custom sites), and so their visibility/management is based on site permissions.

2 Likes

Hi,

i have a same issue in my infra as well is it possible to set permission level for Manual computer groups please advise.

Thanks.
naresh

When we want a Manual Group, we create an Automatic Group then use the Relevance to gather computers that match “Any” of a series of clauses looking at Computer Names.

2 Likes

We @TimRice’s method, as well as creating Automatic Groups based on a Custom Client Setting, then setting that value on the clients that we wish to include in the group.

2 Likes