Making a BigFix MSI

Glad to hear it.

I haven’t tested it, but Orca should work just fine using the details I posted above.

It would be useful if the tool could ingest both a masthead and a clientsettings.cfg into the MSI. Maybe feature for a future version to keep in mind.

Just seeing this post, but I’ve used Orca to add/change the masthead a few times - usually when I also want to build in other properties so I don’t need to add a config file. Some will argue it’s just easier to chuck a .cfg along side, but there’s also something quite neat a bout a single MSI with everything built in. Got to nail the naming conventions though - otherwise you quickly loose track of one MSI to another :confused:

1 Like

Following up on this thread, please see the recently published Client MSI Editing Tool:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/BES%20Client%20MSI%20Editing%20Tool

3 Likes

Does this tool work with any BigFix MSI from any version?

Would the tool have any issues with an MSI that was edited to include client settings previously?

It should work with any BigFix MSI yes. It merely places the masthead into the correct “standard” place for the MSI install.

As to interfering with another change made with Orca… not to my knowledge but it wasn’t tested. I do see a good update to do that work (pull in a .cfg file) for the future.

1 Like

Hi all,
I’d like to add into MSI bigfix client package a configuration file in order the install the client and connect directly to a relay (nor root server). But from documentation I saw, it seems that it is not works for the MSI package.
Could I add registry keys in the package to overcome the problem ? Has anyone tried this scenarios ?

If you add registry items that should work. The MS Orca tool or something else can do this.