Maintenance Windows with Client Locking

I’m starting to take a look at the client locking feature with maintenance windows. I’m noticing that it doesn’t always lock/unlock the client as it should. It will go a few days and everything works as expected but then all of a sudden it stops and i have to re-run the “Enforce Maintenance Window with Client Locking” task. I’m not doing any manual lock/unlock. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

When you take the action, look at the action settings dialog and make sure you are not setting an “Ends on” date…

no, i’m not setting an “Ends on” date. I just run the task as is.

We’d need to see some screenshots of your old actions that aren’t having an effect anymore, or logs, or something…it’s hard to guess at what’s going on in your environment, but I can tell you for sure that an action to enforce the maintenance window with lock/unlock, configured with no End Date and “Reapply when it becomes relevant again” should continue to have an effect over time.

Ok, sounds good. I will do some further testing (capturing screenshots/logs along the way to share). thank you