- Do you know how settings are generally configured for the Macs / others?
- Do you primarily use
clientsettings.cfg to set initial settings?
- Are you using actions / policy actions to set some settings generally?
- Are you using Defaults Write or something similar on the command line to configure settings before or after BigFix is installed?
- Is there anything that would trigger client settings changes occasionally?
I’m trying to understand what could cause this issue. I’m also curious what the permissions generally are for the plist file:
- What are the permissions set to when they are good?
- What are they set to when they are not?
Command Line example:
ls -l /Library/Preferences/com.bigfix.BESAgent.plist
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 4829 May 17 17:54 /Library/Preferences/com.bigfix.BESAgent.plist
A GUI example:
I don’t actually know if these are correct, but they seem to be and are what is on one of my systems.
It would also be interesting to know the contents of the plist before and after they lose settings if possible, as well as the modification time of it.
If the settings are still in the file, even though they aren’t being reflected in the console, then I wonder what happens if you
defaults write one of the settings that already exists to write it back again.
It would also be interesting to know if the plists are in binary or xml format before and after losing settings.