Mac OS BES Agent restart command

Dear Team,

I installed client through CDT but still client is not reported to IBM Root server, When i checked manually on that Mac OS X machine the service is not running,

So kindly share the terminal commands or any other procedure to start the BESAgent service on Mac OS X.

Regards
Vicky R

Please see Stopping and Starting BESAgent on Mac OSX

It always helps to search the Forums, or Google before posting a question.

:slight_smile:

Dear @TimRice

I tried below commands from the link which you provided already, but still cannot start the BESAgent service.

sudo /Library/BESAgent/BESAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/BESAgentControlPanel.sh

sudo launchctl stop com.bigfix.BESAgent

The below comment i dont know how to use, kindly share a example… i,m new to Mac OS.

Usage: AgentControlPanel [-version] [-status] [-location] [-pid]
[-start] [-stop] [-restart]

Regards
Vicky R

Have you checked the BES Client Logs to see why it’s not starting?

/Library/Application Support/BigFix/BES Agent/__BESData/__Global/Logs

In the past, when I’ve had trouble with the Mac OS X client starting it was because it could not reach the BigFix server. Make sure you can ping your server from the Mac. Also, make sure that the actionsite.afxm file is in the “BES Agent” folder (the same folder as __BESData is in), and that it references your server by a name that the Mac can resolve.

Back to Googleing for “BigFix Client AgentControlPanel” I found …
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014903029#77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014903310

BTW: I’m not a big Mac user myself. I know what I can find via Google.

Did you provide a masthead? The masthead must be at (case must match) : /Library/Application Support/BigFix/BES Agent/actionsite.afxm

The logs at /Library/Application Support/BigFix/BES Agent/__BESData/__Global/Logs will show you what is going on as well.