Loop Evaluation - Client Error Messages

Hi,

I’m continuing on my quest to improve the loop evaluation on our systems. I’ve found the following messages occurring frequently on machines that report an error with the evaluation cycle:

MFE: advicelist index too big in EasyBackgroundReceiver::Start
At 16:03:19 +0100 -
BackgroundAdviceEvaluation::StartFileLoop exception making problematic of Fixlet 764.fxf

The fixlet ID is random, as is the site name but I usually see lots of these entries occurring in the logs. I suspect it’s actually related to the first error message (MFE: advicelist index too big in EasyBackgroundReceiver::Start) however there is little information on the root cause of this message.

On another group of machines I also see:
BackgroundAdviceEvaluation::FinishDataLoop side line file Fixlet 1093770.fxf

All of the affected machines are Windows 10 running client 9.5.9.62 (hopefully getting 9.5.13 pushed out later this month).

Please see the following topic that speaks a bit about the log entry regarding MFE: advicelist index too big in EasyBackgroundReceiver::Start, and in particular, note the last post by Alan:

1 Like

Many thanks for that link - I had seen the suggestion about AV getting in the way and I’m currently engaging our security team to review the settings.

Has anyone else in this forum encountered this and are willing to share any pointers for analysing the AV settings? Currently using Sophos AV across the entire estate but it’s only around some of the machines (~20%) that have this issue.

Hi,

Me to encountered such problem, may I check till today is there any explanation on this topic?