Looking up information on deleted actions

I seem to remember hearing that, even though an action is deleted from the console, it is still possible to get information about that action.

First, is it possible to access that information using Web Reports? (I had to ask…)
Second, if not possible with Web Reports, how would I be able to access this information (or if Web Reports won’t do a good job representing this information.

Thanks,
BobK

I would be interested in what other people suggest here. From what I know you can pull limited date from the DB using a SQL query. You can also “undelete” and view all the data from the console.

To see all deleted actions:

select A.name as “Action Name”, A.ID, A.CreationTime
from ACTION_DEFS A, dbo.ACTION_FLAGS F
where A.ID = F.ActionID AND F.IsDeleted=1

to undelete the action:
exec undelete_action

2 Likes

As far as I know the only option to view deleted items is through the Database as @MattPeterson suggests.

Undeleting them in the DB will bring them back to view in the console.

One option I have been thinking about that might be possible is to have a 2nd root server that has 0 clients but has a copy of the database from the main root server, but with a full audit trail and nothing deleted.

The hardest part that I am uncertain about is how to have the main root server have all the clients but not all of the audit trail but still sync the newer data to the server that has a full copy of the audit trail.

The idea would be that you could log into the console on this 2nd root server and be able to see all computer records and all actions without bogging down the main root server.