Yeah, there is additional formatting you have to do. Assuming you’re using the relevance from before, here’s how you would format it into a table:
tr of concatenation of (th of "Name of fixlet" & th of "Severity" & th of "Release Date" & th of "Time Issued") & concatenation of trs of (td of (item 0 of it as string) & td of (item 1 of it as string) & td of (item 2 of it as string & td of (item 3 of it as string)) of (name of source fixlet of it, source severity of source fixlet of it as string | "n/a", source release date of source fixlet of it as string | "n/a" , time issued of it) of bes actions whose (exists source fixlet of it)
Basically what we’ve done here is add some very basic HTML framing to the custom report so that it can handle displaying a table, then we’ve used relevance to format the results into the table. Let’s step through that from right to left:
First, we added
<td> tags to each element of the tuple (name of fixlet, severity of it, release date, time issued) to indicate that each of them should be a cell in the table. Next, we do
concatenation of trs of the
tr tags to indicate that the combination of all 4 tuple items comprises one row in the table. Then, we mash on some
<th> tags to the beginning, each of which comprises the column header of one of the columns in the table. Finally, We add one last
<td> tag to the beginning of the whole statement so we define the header row.
This is all definitely less user friendly than the built-in reports, but it is very powerful. I think I might work on putting a video together for the BigFix Technical Advisor channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtoLTyln5per0JYzw1phGiQ) on this topic.