Local Client db question

(imported topic written by iLorenz)

Hi

For debugging purposes, we had to analyze the local sqlite db of the bigfix client.

Lots of interesting stuff, which helped us a lot, but also some infos which I found hard to decode.

Can someone please give us an hand? :slight_smile:

The db is ActionHistory.db, table ACTION_STATE_HISTORY

Here’s an example:

ActionID: 276770 - Self Explanatory

TotalActiveCount: 1 - ?

ActiveCount: 1 - ?

ChangeTime: 1402472346 - Last time the row was updated?

Line: 31 - Total lines of ActionScript

State: 276770::pending=0:id=276770:pt=1402468769:ct=1402468773:constrained=0:fac=1:ac=1:al=31:ast=1402468772:lal=31:lat=1402468773:lct=1402468773:wfd=0:act=0:s=Executed:pr=0:pl=0:notexpired=True:relevant=False:

Ok, the State colum needs to be further expanded:

276770: : Action ID

pending=0: - If 1 is the action yet to be executed?

id=276770: - ID …again ? why?

pt=1402468769: - Start Time?

ct=1402468773: - End Time?

constrained=0: - constrained by time/other if 1

fac=1: - ?

ac=1: -?

al=31: - ?

ast=1402468772: - Action Start Time

lal=31: - ?

lat=1402468773: - Last Action …Time?? What should this mean?

lct=1402468773: Last Change Time?? Same as above :slight_smile:

wfd=0: - ?

act=0: - ?

s=Executed: - Status: Executed should mean the row won’t be updated anymore since the action has already run?

pr=0: ?

pl=0: ?

notexpired=True: self-explanatory

relevant=False: self-explanatory

Can please someone help shed some light on the decoding?

Thanks!

(imported comment written by jgstew)

I’m pretty sure that the times are seconds from Epoch, though I don’t know what the Epoch is… if it is the same as Win/Unix, or if it is specific to the BigFix instance. ( I think there is a BigFix DB Epoch somewhere that is set to the initial install date of the instance, or something like that. )

(imported comment written by iLorenz)

Hi

Thanks for the kind reply

These are standard *nix times, we already verified that.

The puzzle lies in all these abbreviations :slight_smile:

Anyone from the devs can help maybe?

Thanks

I’m needing the information from ActionHistory.db decoded as well for testing purposes. Does anyone know what each of the fields mentioned above translate to?

I’ll have to see if its worthwhile documenting this. The issue is the format/data could change as this is an internal structure but some info can be sent.

Any update on this info? I’m still in need of it for a project I’m working on.

Have you had a chance to look into documenting this information yet? Even if it were just a snapshot of what it currently represents it would be sufficient, it doesn’t need to be updated/verified at any set interval.

Looking at the client inspector documentation for the Action object, I was able to map the majority of the properties contained within the Status field of the ACTION_STATE_HISTORY table of the ActionHistory.db file. Here’s what I found:

These are mapped and had “official” descriptions of the inspectors:

I found inspectors for these by using “introspectors” but found no “official” documentation:

There’s also these entries that have no corresponding inspector:

Now that I’ve greatly narrowed down the questions, can someone please respond to the items with question marks?