I am looking to compile a list of helpful sites/links/documents for a new customer.
Any suggestions from the forums??
I suppose https://forum.bigfix.com would be redundant
Here is what I send out to new BigFix Engineers:
• IBM Knowledge Center - BigFix Platform 9.5.0 = https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0
• IBM Knowledge Center - BigFix Inventory 9.5.0 = https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKLLW_9.5.0
• IBM Knowledge Center - BigFix Compliance 9.5.0 = https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6MCG_9.5.0
• IBM Knowledge Center - BigFix Lifecycle 9.5.0 = https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS63NW_9.5.0
• Platform Release Information: BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center contains detailed platform release information, which includes download links, checksums, and other related resources, for all supported versions. = http://support.bigfix.com/bes/release/
• IBM Knowledge Center: Official documentation that contains information describing IBM products and features.= http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6MER_9.1.0/com.ibm.tivoli.tem.doc_9.1/welcome/IEM91_landing.html
• IBM BigFix Blog: Read what’s happening with Endpoint Manager on the official product blog. BigFix experts will keep you informed with the latest information about the software and upcoming events. = http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/a1a33778-88b7-452a-9133-c955812f8910
• IBM BigFix Forum: Ask and respond to technical questions about the endpoint management solution. = https://forum.bigfix.com/
• IBM BigFix Developer: Official IBM repository of information for developing IBM BigFix content, and it is tailored to satisfy the needs of both beginner and expert content developers. = https://developer.bigfix.com/
• BigFix.me Community: A community driven web site to assist administrators and developers who use the BigFix product. = http://www.bigfix.me/
• Knowledge Base: Technote that contains a list of legacy knowledge base articles. = http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21584549
• IBM Software Support: IBM’s technical support resource for all IBM products and services. = http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Endpoint_Manager
• IBM Software Integrations: Information and resources about BigFix integrations with other IBM Security products, including QRadar and Trusteer Apex. = https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/IBM%20Software%20Integrations
• IBM Security Lab Services Offerings: Lab Services for assistance from BigFix experts at IBM = https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Lab%20Services%20Offerings
• Service Management Connect: Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. = http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/servicemanagement
• IBM Education Assistant: IBM’s collection of multimedia educational modules designed to help you gain a better understanding of IBM software products and use them more effectively to meet your business requirements. = https://www-01.ibm.com/software/info/education/assistant/
• IBM BigFix Inspector Reference: A collection of the IBM BigFix platform and MDM inspectors. = https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Inspector%20Documentation
• BigFix Mailing Lists: BigFix mailing lists. = https://bigmail.bigfix.com/mailman/listinfo
• BigFix Utilities: Variety of utilities that will assist you in using IBM BigFix. = https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/90553c0b-42eb-4df0-9556-d3c2e0ac4c52/page/Utilities
I still primarily use https://support.bigfix.com as a jump point to a variety of the resources already referenced.
Also, I made a wiki post in the forums for this purpose that anyone can update and add to:
Which @TimRice just became the first community contributor to. Only took 3 years for someone that doesn’t work for “BigFix” to add something.
Can you pin that to the top of the forum?
I love to pin stuff!
I tried a banner topic, and wow that was the wrong choice. It puts it on the top of EVERY page in the forum.
I then switched it to globally pinned, which is better.