Linux Services show as unknown

Hi everyone!

I need your help, we need to list the status of services in linux. But when the command is executed, or checked through SCM it brings as result “unknown” (attached QNA image with the same result).
We checked and the permissions of the users with which it is executed is all ok, can anyone have any idea what is going on?

compliance_serviceUnix

Thank you,
Regards,
Nahuel

Hi, which Linux are you using? I did a rough check on RHEL and Suse with similar result: a fistful of service have status “unknown”, but most are discovered fine with status “running” or “Stopped”.

Looking at inspector documentation: https://developer.bigfix.com/relevance/search/?query=services

I can imagine that not all linux are fully supported.

It’s a known and documented limitation currently that <service> inspectors do not work well on Unix & Linux OS or at least not as well as they do on Windows. I do have an open RFE (BFP-I-207) about general improvement of <services> inspector on Unix/Linux, so feel free to “vote” for it and add your specific use-case as comments. Hopefully more votes will mean it’s get committed to sooner.

1 Like