Linux Root total space

Is there an existing report that will show the total space of drive on UNIX System? Thanks

Take a look at the “Memory and Partition Usage (Unix)” and “Operating System Information (Unix)” analysis under the “BES Inventory and License” external site.

These are not activated by default, so you’ll need to do so and then allow time for endpoints to report their results.

It may also be necessary to enable this site and then subscribe your endpoints to it.

1 Like

I have that report. Is there a way to just show the total space of the physical harddisk?

Here’s some relevance from an analysis that I wrote a couple years ago for NIX endpoints that should get you started.

item 0 of it, (it as string & " GB Free") of (relative significance place 2 of (item 1 of it as floating point/(1024*1024*1024) as floating point)), (it as string & " GB Total") of (relative significance place 2 of (item 2 of it as floating point/(1024*1024*1024) as floating point)), (it as string & " Percent Free") of relative significance place 2 of (item 1 of it as floating point / item 2 of it as floating point * 100) ) of (names of it, free spaces of it, total spaces of it) of filesystems whose (size of it > 0 AND name of it != "/dev/shm" AND type of it = "DRIVE_FIXED")

Every environment is different, so you will likely need to adjust accordingly.

This one is for Linux? Thanks

Sorry not good in Linux Systems. Can you help me get the space used of the BESClient Directory. Thanks

On most Linux systems the following should work.

For the BESClient folder containing the binaries it would be:

size of filesystem “/opt/BESClient”

For the BESClient folder containing configuration, content, etc. it would be:

size of filesystem “/var/opt/BESClient”

You can always refer to the BigFix developer site and inspector reference for further details.