Linux client tool

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

When I run this tool to deploy linux client,

if the os is windows server 2003 sp1,it’s OK;

if the os is windows 7,it’s ok;

but the os is windows server 2008,it encounters a problem that I can’t run this tool.

Can someone give some help ?Thank you.And I want to know the requirements of using this tool.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Here is an article that discusses the requirements as well as common troubleshooting tips.

Thank you for your answer.I know the requirements of client deploy for windows.NOW I use the

linux client

deploy tool to deploy client.When this tool runs at windows server 2008 it comes a problem that it require me to close it.

It sounds like you are using the Windows Tool. Make sure you are using the Unix, Mac, Linux tool.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Unix,%20Linux,%20and%20Mac%20Client%20Deploy%20Tool?lang=en

I’m sure I use the linux client deploy client.I mean that this tool can be run at windows server 2003 and windows 7 but can’t be run at windows server 2008.And this tool can be used at any computer not tem server?

There are 2 separate client deploy tools.

One is made for Windows. One, as Tim mentioned, is made for *NIX and Mac. If you are deploying to Windows, you need to use the Windows tool. It should be able to deploy to any windows systems. I sent some links that would have the requirements and common troubleshooting steps if you can’t deploy to some systems.

As you have mentioned,the two client deploy tools:

one,for windows:I use the third way(the lists of computer) and input the correct user and password,it comes a problem that prompts “windows error:wrong user or password”

and the other one,for *nix and mac:I have tested at windows server 2003 it runs OK,windows 7 it runs OK but at windows server 2008 it can be installed but can’t be run.

I see. My mistake. You want to run it on Windows not install Windows agents. Here is a forum post that discusses some of the requirements.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=411238

do you know this tool can be run at any windows computer not TEM server computer to deploy linux agent?And the tool to deploy windows agent?

Yes. It should be able to run on any machine. Not just the TEM server.

Your answer is exciting,but how can this tool communicate with TEM server and clients?