OK, that problem is now solved. It unfortunately wasn’t related to this issue.
I’ve narrowed the issue down to just Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04 hosts. I enabled debug logging with a debug level of 10000.
After manual restarting the besclient to see if there was anything on startup of the client that might have been of use. I don’t know if this points anything out in particular:
I also started noticing the following during background evaluation…
Aside from this, everything seems normal. Trying to be careful I don’t reveal any of the hostnames or domains of our infrastructure.
The normal log displays the following whilst the above is happening…
Current Date: June 7, 2018
Client version 22.214.171.124 built for Ubuntu 10 amd64 running on sysname:Linux release:4.4.0-38-generic arch:x86_64
Current Balance Settings: Use CPU: True Entitlement: 0 WorkIdle: 10 SleepIdle: 480
Locale: LC_ALL="" LC_CTYPE="" LC_MESSAGES="" LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
ICU 54.1 init status: SUCCESS
Agent internal character set: UTF-8
ICU report character set: UTF-8 - Transcoding Disabled
ICU fxf character set: windows-1252 (Latin 1 / Western European) - Transcoding Enabled
ICU local character set: UTF-8 - Transcoding Disabled
EMSG Logging Detail Level set to: 10000
At 13:48:28 +0100 -
Starting client version 126.96.36.199
FIPS mode disabled by default.
Cryptographic module initialized successfully.
Using crypto library libBEScrypto - OpenSSL 1.0.2j-fips 26 Sep 2016
Initializing Site: actionsite
Initializing Site: BES Support
Initializing Site: CustomSite_Test
Initializing Site: Patches for Ubuntu 1604
Initializing Site: Patching Support
Initializing Site: mailboxsite
Processing Download plugins
Beginning Relay Select
At 13:48:29 +0100 -
RegisterOnce: Attempting secure registration with '<one of our relays>'
Configuring listener without wake-on-lan
Registered with url '<one of our relays>'
Registration Server version 188.8.131.52 , Relay version 184.108.40.206
Relay does not require authentication.
Client has an AuthenticationCertificate
Relay selected: <one of our relays>. at: <removed for security>:52311 on: IPV4 (Using setting IPV4ThenIPV6)
At 13:48:31 +0100 -
PollForCommands: Requesting commands
PollForCommands: commands to process: 1
Entering Service Loop.
Starting Service Loop.
Successful Synchronization with site 'actionsite' (version 581) - 'http://<removed for security>:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/actionsite'
At 13:48:32 +0100 -
Successful Synchronization with site 'mailboxsite' (version 20) - 'http://<removed for security>:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/mailboxsite12853353'
[ThreadTime:13:48:31] SetupListener success: IPV4/6
Encryption: optional encryption with no certificate; reports in cleartext
Report posted successfully
At 13:48:38 +0100 - BES Support (http://sync.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/bfgather/bessupport)
Relevant - BES Client Setting: Disable Debug Logging (fixlet:196)
At 13:49:58 +0100 -
Report posted successfully
At 13:58:32 +0100 -
Successful Synchronization with site 'CustomSite_Test' (version 466) - 'http://<removed for security>:52311/cgi-bin/bfgather.exe/CustomSite_Test'
No other errors are logged, and no other reports were posted. It does spend a long time evaluating Ubuntu 16.04 patches though, with that “Sync error” message every second or so as it’s doing it.
Hope this helps, if not, no worries, I’ll raise a PMR with IBM.