Link Patch Policy to Refresh Date/Month? Reissued Hidden Content problem

Looking at the results from the weekend, I noticed an unexpected fixlet was applied to some endpoints and wanted to exclude it before next weekends patching.

I didn’t notice it when I reviewed the included content so I think after reflecting on the situation, the July 27th update to fixlet ID 3062591 for (LAPS) caused it to become visible again and it was included in the PP content deployed even though it was hidden when the monthly cycle began the weekend of July 17.

(Actions show it was not included in the patching that happened the weekends of July 17/18 & 24/25 as it was still globally hidden)

Without thinking about the date, I deactivated the Policy to exclude that content and when I did so, because it is no longer July, reactivating caused the policy to reset the schedule as if it were scheduled against August patch Tuesday which has not happened yet.

So even though we have not yet reached 4 weeks after July Patch Tuesday, the schedule has reset and now I have inadvertently skipped over our last weekend of July patching due in 4 days. Thankfully, PP use is new’ish and as a precaution, I am still creating baselines in parallel (as backup and to compare) so we will use those instead next weekend.

A few points/questions:

• I assume it would be an RFE, but having the option to to link the schedules of a PP to the month of the last refresh, vs the latest activation, would have avoided the problem for me. Is this worth submitting as RFE?

• As the fixlet started to show up after becoming visible due to content reissue, if I had just globally hidden the now visible content again, would it have been skipped by subsequent actions?

• A Platform not a Policy question, but is there a setting to have hidden fixlets stay hidden in the event of a reissue (for a reason other than being marked superseded when visible wouldn’t matter anyways).