Licensed/trial softwares

Please let me know if we can differentiate trail versions from the licensed using Tivoli SUA

I’m not sure if the existing SUA catalog supports this.

If you could find a way to specifically identify a difference between the two for a specific software you care about, then it should be possible for you to build a SUA signature to differentiate them. I have never done this so I am unaware of the mechanics of it.

Yes We can done through SUA.

1. We can find out Licensed software’s by creating Contracts. (Note: Pirated software’s too come under this only)
    2.Other than licensed software everything will be trail or beta versions
  2. SUA using signature based and catalogue based license checking mechanism and we can customised create the signatures too.

Thanks & Regards
Vicky

Could you please help on this concern?

Hi @Joshin

First you need to create contracts, it will check the software signatures and if its will be licensed then its displayed under licensed computer list.

Eg. For adobe acrobat products and reader 11 create contract, Then result should come like this, Out of 10 only 2 systems are licensed for adobe acrobat .

The balance systems are consider as trail

Thanks & Regards
Vicky

Thanks @vikki , But here I am getting the trail versions machines also under Licensed computers…

Hi @Joshin

Could you please share that list of trail software , will check that in my environment and revert back to you.

Thanks & Regards
Vicky

It is MS Office and Visual studio

Dear @Joshin

In our environment we are using MS Office 15 and its on-line activation too , we create custom contract based on software version and software product too .

We can check on-line activation software’s through swtag files its clearly tell the product is activated and license type too.

for MS office paper keys we can get license keys through fixlets.

Thanks & Regards
Vicky

2 Likes