License Overview dashboard - need core count for RVU calculations

I do not have access to the BigFix administration console. I manage SW licenses and was hoping to get sufficient information from the License Overview dashboard to manage the BigFix licenses. The report I received from the system administrator shows the number of servers for various platforms (Unix, Windows, Solaris, etc.) but not the associated cores. We use RVU licenses at full capacity so I must have the physical cores for each server. Is there a way to get that information with the server count from the dashboard?

@ITSAM

Do you see BigFix products on the IBM All Metrics report in BFI?

You might want to ask the BigFix administrator to send you a report of the results from the License Overrides analysis found in the BES Support site. It will at minimum show you the default metric for each computer. By default, computers with server OS are typically RVU metrics, while desktops and laptops running non-server OS are typically ClientDevice. If you find that there are incorrect metrics in the analysis, it can be overriden by following the the process documented here: Activating the license counting process.

Boyd

2 Likes

Thanks. I will look into that.