License count not updating and masthead file question

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

I recently just got an updated license.crt due to an increased license count purchase. I went into the BES Admin Tool, clicked “Activate Masthead,” and selected the new license.crt file. Everything looked like it worked, no errors, and it said it propagated the action site afterward.

However, my license count has not incremented any, the masthead file in …\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\wwwrootbes\masthead has not updated its time stamp, and the license count inside that file is still the old number.

Did I do something wrong on the activation? Why isn’t the masthead file getting updated and how do I get the count to increment to what it should be?

BES version is 7.2.1.357

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Check out the masthead by looking at:

“C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\actionsite\actionsite.afxm”

That should have the new info…

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

It still has the old license count and the modified date on the file is not recent at all.

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I do however see an updated actionsite.axfm file in the …\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\PropServerData\Config directory that does have the right license count. In some other posts I had read it was mentioned to look in the masthead file located in the path mentioned in my earlier post. Where does the dashboard “BES Deployment Overview” get it’s license information from?It has updated to the correct number after my initial post.

The Health Checks Dashboard reads its info from the current license in the database so you should be OK… There are lots of copies of the masthead laying around for various reasons because it serves as a config files, license file, and security file, but not all of them need to be updated because some things never change (like your server name for instance).

Ben

(imported comment written by smill59)

We have the correct date in “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client__BESData\actionsite\actionsite.afxm”, and on the Deployment Overview. However, we have taks that are not showing the proper number of items relevant. Doing some research, the fixlet, “BES Clients Restricted by License Expiration - BES 7.0” shows most of the environment. How do I get the license to properly propagte?

Hi smill59,

I am not sure what the core issue is (the masthead you mentioned is the correct one that the agent cares about)… Perhaps you should contact support…

Ben

please any resolution on this issue? i’m currently having this similar issue. the correct date is in the masthead file in the _BESData\actionsite\actionsite.afxm while actionsite.afxm in the parent client folder has the old date.

i’m getting BES Client is expired message after running a BES Client diagnostics