LDAP Certificate Issue

I’m getting the below error while logging into Self Service portal.

Cannot connect to LDAP server – javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: xxxxx.xxx:xxx [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.j: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by xxx is not trusted; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error]

Any help to fix would be great.
Thanks in advance.

I don’t know much about the self service portal or this issue.

It seems like there is a bad certificate on the self service portal itself, or on the LDAP server.

You would need to add a validly signed certificate to one or both, or perhaps disable SSL validation, which I would not recommend. It may also be possible that the JAVA app trying to validate the SSL certificate is lacking a root store or it’s root store is out of date.

Did this work at one point, but then stop working?

This is the first time i’m configuring the SSP and I’m getting this error.
Thanks for your inputs, I have already done those. But still the issue persists.

Hi,

Judging by one of your other posts, it seems like you’ve found a solution to this issue? We have another customer encountering this at the moment, so any information would be helpful!

Thanks,
-Tony

Tony, the issue is still there but the actual workaround was i asked the customer to login through the work mail id which has mailbox configured and they were able to login.

ex: xxx1@xxx.net is a mail id which doesn’t have mailbox configured and had issues logging into SSP but the customer had a xxx1@xxx.com mail id which has mailbox configured to it through which they were able to login.