Lab Setup - Three Issues

I have three issues in lab I’m setting up:

1. Ubuntu agent installation fails with a message related to libc6 version
    besagent:amd depends on libc6 (>= 2.0.105), but I know I have 2.2.27 or later installed

2. I have an Azure based free tier Windows VM that I can’t get to report to the console. I have port forwarding on my home router enabled and I tried to enable NSG to allow inbound and outbound NSG on Azure. What are the rules supposed to be for NSG to allow BigFix port 52311?

3. I upgraded a Windows laptop from 1809 to 1909, but both OS versions have an entry on BigFix console. Should I simply delete the older version, as it is no longer valid?

For #1, which versions of Ubuntu and BESAgent are you installing? Be sure you are using the Ubuntu agent package, not the generic Debian package, as we provide both.

I won’t be much help on #2, hopefully someone else here is using Azure and maybe able to talk about it.

#3, yes just remove the older instance of the computer. It maybe overkill in a lab, but in a large production environment where tracking decommissioned/upgraded/reset computers may be cumbersome, you could use the “Maintenance” tab of BESAdmin to schedule removing duplicate computers.

1 Like

#1: The laptop runs Ubuntu 18.04. I’m trying the agents from this link from the support site (listed under Ubuntu):
/bes/release/10.0/patch2/. This is for Agent 10.X. I also tried much older version, but the result is the same.

I’m following these steps:
bes/install/besclients-nonwindows.html#ubuntu.

#3 - I’ll delete it, makes sense.

Obviously the exact configuration depends on the gateway/router you have. For my home office, I have the following forwarding rule and service in place to allow off-network endpoints to report to my lab BigFix instance.

For your Azure endpoint, you will have to enable command polling, but may want to investigate persistent connections.