Keeping a Server Automation Plan running for complete automation of Task

We are trying to leverage the IEM Server Automation Plans when building new VM servers by having newly deployed servers register themselves in a custom new server site and group. This is done by relevance that looks for a specific registry key on the server. After that happens we would like the Server Automation Plan to kick off and run several baselines on the servers as well as a couple of other automation plan steps. When it is all done, it removes the key and the servers fall out of that dynamic group and site. All works fine when I manually run the automation plan but when the servers are done, the plan stops even though I set the stop time for weeks later than the start and the plan does not run on new servers that pop up in the site and group. Is it possible to keep the plan running so that anytime servers check in under this process it runs on them and I don’t have to take action and schedule the automation plan each time?

Hey @tbooker - unfortunately no, that is not really possible right now. Automation plans do not work like regular policy actions, which I think is more along the lines of what you’re thinking.

See here for a bit more details for why that is:

You can request that functionality though by raising an RFE:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=submitRfe

1 Like

Thank you Paul for that insight. I have engaged our IBM contacts to submit a RFE for this. It should only make sense to have your Server Automation Plans be able to run Automatically.

Hi
what is the number of RFE you opened?